in order to develop into well-versed biochemists, and to be
prepared for future education in graduate and professional schools or careers in the
life science, bcmb majors will be able to:
- describe, interpret, and integrate foundational and core
concepts in the discipline.
- conduct appropriate scientific literature and database searches.
- develop hypotheses and propose appropriate experiments to test them.
- conduct research effectively as an individual and as a team
- design and/or conduct experiments and record/archive the data appropriately.
- perform experiments safely in the laboratory.
- analyze and interpret experimental results using appropriate quantitative tools.
- summarize and express information orally, visually and in
- recognize the ethical issues involved in both the conduct of
research and in the dimensions of research.