today, business needs leaders with vision and persons who can think analytically. the b.a. degree with a major in economics and business from 2022年世界杯参赛球队
college meets these needs by providing both a liberal arts education and specialization in economics and business.
the department of economics and business offers a major in
economics and business, a major in economics, and a major in accounting. available minors are business, economics, and accounting. a
fifth year master of arts in accounting is available for students wishing to
pursue the cpa designation.
, a study of business is achieved through the study of the following:
- accounting- a knowledge of the
financial aspects of a business enterprise is obtained by exploring
conceptual underpinnings of accounting standards, practical application to
real transactions and companies, and the broader context of business
entities and the economy. gaining an understanding of complex transactions
is the necessary first step in determining how those transactions should
be captured, measured, analyzed, and reported.
- economics is the study of how individuals, firms, governments, and
households make choices when faced with scarcity. because scarcity is a fact of
life, students of economics are armed with the analytical tools to better
understand the world around them. an analysis of the forces of supply and
demand in both aggregate and individual markets contributes to a greater
understanding of the factors that influence the value of goods and services and
the wealth of nations and individuals. economic majors at 2022年世界杯参赛球队
themselves well prepared for graduate or professional school, careers in
business, banking, or the government. majors explore important and interesting
topics like profit maximization, tax policy and national debt, firm structure,
international trade, the role of government in the economy, and the choice of
job and how much to work.
- finance - an understanding of the capital structure of a business enterprise, rates of return on investments, and the financial management of resources enhances a person's overall business acumen. at 2022年世界杯参赛球队
, the area of finance is studied within the accounting and economics courses, as well as in specialized courses in financial management and investments.
- statistics and quantitative methods - quantitative analysis of financial data is necessary for budgeting, forecasting, and managerial decision-making. computer software packages, such as excel, spss, stata, and lingo are employed throughout the curriculum.
- business law - an understanding of contracts, negotiable instruments, the court system, and the legal aspect of business is essential in today's society.